Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Finally.

Last week I was at the prelude gathering with some other youth pastors from our area and one night we discovered that a couple of us hadn't posted on our blogs in over a month. I guess for me I haven't felt quite inspired recently.... and I didn't necessarily want to put something random up without any thought to it. I will most likely post soon more about the conference as I continue to process what went on.

But this morning I ran across a news report concerning the ongoing debate about the pictures of Miley Cyrus that were recently published in Vanity Fair. While I'm not necessarily interested in entering the debate at the moment, I do have to say that this was very predictable. But instead of writing why this was predictable, I'll point you to Walt Mueller's blog. Walt is constantly staying up on youth culture and the influences on our youth today. He wrote a great blog yesterday about both Miley, and Chris Brown and how predictable their recent behaviors are.

I also ran across a new blog yesterday that I passed onto my wife who does an amazing job of being a part of a youth pastor's lifestyle. Unless you've been in a youth pastor's shoes, its tough to explain what this lifestyle is like. But I happened to run across a Married to a Youth Pastor blog yesterday, read it and all the comments, and realized this might be a great place for my wife to hang out and be supported by other youth pastor's wives. If you ever bump into my wife, please say thanks to her as she's an amazing woman, and I would not be able to do what I do without her.

2 comments:

Tom said...

glad you're posting again boss man! kansas was awesome!

McYouthMin said...

thanks Tom! Starting to feel a little more inspired again :)